Nov 8, 2007

The Queen of the Forest - Die Königin des Waldes




This Queen looks like the queen of the dark forest on this picture!

I was so happy I finished it, that I had to take a photo but it turned up quite dark because of no flash and the light in the studio... Tomorrow I'll take a better one.

She is 10"x5" (25x12cm), bigger than the angels and I embellished her with a fresh water pearl and some sequins and square pearls. I like very much how the "fabric" of the body turned out to be. The wool turns almost without transition into fabric.

Diese Königin schaut momentan wie die Königen des Schwarzen Waldes aus!

Ich war so froh als ich sie fertig machte, dass ich ein Foto machen mußte - obwohl das Licht im Studio schon sehr düster war.

Sie ist 25x12m, größer als die Engeln und sie hat eine Süßwasserperle, Pailletten und quadratische Perlen. Die Art wie der Stoff wurde hat mir sehr gefallen. Man sieht fast keinen Übergang von der Wolle zum Stoff.

8 comments:

  1. I love seeing all the new things you put in your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Da habe ich doch 5 Minuten zu früh meinen Kommentar über die Engeln abgegeben. Die Königin macht ihren Namen alle Ehre. Sie ist die Krönung der Engeln.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you, I love working in my studio. I was in Germany and got some new ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sara, she is so gorgeous!!! I'll put it on my wish list for Santa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her Sara and the stitching around her face just sets her off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I love this one, she is so beautiful. I wish I had half of your talent/creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sooooooo enthralled with your felted pieces... Just grabs me by my heart!

    ReplyDelete