Dec 18, 2008

Watching the birds - Vögel anschauen



These days I was ill and couldn't work in my studio so that I began with a project I planned some time ago. I want to recycle my old stitched table cloths, doilies, etc giving them a new life.

I have wonderful tablecloths stitched by my grandmother with her own designs or designs from the early 20th century waiting for this.

This piece was a linen place mat with a flower stitchery and lace all around. It's not finished yet.

I used all I found laying around me and enjoyed the act of stitching very much (while watching some Christmas films on TV).

I think I will use more "fauna" next year, not only faces and people.

The photo is not very good because I took it in my living room and it's snowing outside...

11 comments:

  1. I like your recycling/ reuse of materials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this sara! hope you are better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear that you are not feeling well Sara, but I do love the work you are now doing. What a great way to reuse linen and things from the past so that it is not all lost or thrown away. I love recycling. Best Wishes Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eine wunderschöne Arbeit! Ich bin gerade auf diese Seite gestossen und freu mich schon sehr darauf, hier weiter zu stöbern... :)
    herzliche Grüße!, maren

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are better soon.
    What a perfect way to spend your time,sewing with beautiful fabrics,cosy and warm,watching a good film while it's snowing.
    Lovely work.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are feeling better. this is wonderful, as usual. i admire your work so much

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful work Sara! Hope you have a great Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh, this is beautiful. I love this new direction in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this work! the colors and stitches and the bird!
    I wish you a wonderful new creative year, Sara, see you in 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful work! I hope that you have a happy new year and feel better

    **-2008 End of Year Blog Marathon- You are my 95th stop in an 8 hour posting extravaganza! A link to your site will be posted at Stomped Monster!** Follow my marathon live at Twitter: DIY_Rain

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this!!! I also like your skirt! How fun! Marva

    ReplyDelete